Hi, future teammate!
We are a dedicated group of data nerds inspired by the extraordinary things that can happen when people come together as a community.
We partner with organizations that see community building as a core part of their work. Together, we build customized (and beautiful) data tools and strategies to make their work easier and more impactful. Our primary tool is Salesforce, and we work with clients to not only migrate their data and improve data management, but to make sure that what they measure is actually driving growth and impact. We’re now in our sixth year and just passed 19 full-time team members.
In this position, you will be embedded with a client as a Salesforce Administrator. You are OpenTent’s frontline resource to help the client organization establish a transformative data-driven mindset. You will work out of our client's office in midtown Manhattan 4 days a week. In addition to meeting client needs around using Salesforce and related tools, you will identify opportunities to take manual client processes and make them more efficient and effective through the use of new technical capabilities, collaborating with a team of Administrators and Project Managers on the OpenTent side.
You will proactively create, maintain, and upgrade system documentation; communicate effectively with clients as their needs and our deliverables evolve; and collaboratively support and execute on support and training requests at an increasing level of complexity. The role will draw on your knowledge of effective organizational collaboration, combined with robust technological platforms and people-centered process and training. You will act as a liaison between the client and OT to meet project timelines and emerging needs, making sure the right people and information are in the right meetings at the right time.
Our Support Engineer will take the lead in meeting client needs and requests, and will work with teammates to tackle more complex problems. In collaboration with fellow engineers and others, you will:
- Configure Salesforce and related applications on a basic admin level. This includes building reports/dashboards, importing data, supporting registration form and new feature builds.
- Train client staff members individually and by department on best-practice use of Salesforce based on organizational needs.
- Document key policies, procedures, best practices and use cases specific to the organization.
- Advise organizational planning and measurement of program success using Salesforce. This means joining meetings and “wearing the data hat” to ask the right questions and help all staff think about ways to better incorporate data into their work.
- Support client staff by responding to training needs and technical questions, and logging and escalating support requests in OpenTent’s internal project management software.
- Listen to organizational trends and cultural vibes in the client office in order to share with OpenTent, which will strengthen the quality of our consulting work with our client.
- Learn more, constantly. Regular and disciplined learning will be a key component to growth and increased ROI for the client and the Support Engineer.
GOALS FOR SUCCESS
- Stronger, deeper relationships between OpenTent and our clients.
- Positive client feedback on their engagement with OpenTent, measured in quarterly surveys.
- Our engineers feel supported by you, and your project team collaborates smoothly.
- Team capacity is managed accurately, and your team knows they can rely on you.
- Timely client engagement with requests and feedback.
What you bring
To be successful in this role you will need to be extremely comfortable - happy, even - in an environment where you have a lot of accountability to colleagues, a lot of support to solve problems, and a lot of responsibility to learn and grow on your own. You are a natural problem solver who is motivated to help guide change.
We know the perfect person may not yet feel confident with all of the responsibilities we’re looking for, and we’re willing to help someone with potential grow.
Requirements (you must meet every requirement):
- You have at least 1-2 years of work experience, preferably in the nonprofit sector
- You have used Salesforce - either as a power user or an admin - for at least 1 year.
- You can present thoughts and ideas well verbally, and are good at synthesizing and sharing information.
- You are an active listener; you ask clarifying questions to make sure you understand.
- You are a team player with collaborative instincts, tech skills and aptitude, and a passion for nonprofits.
- You are available to work from an office in midtown Manhattan 4 days a week (post-pandemic)
- You are able to make a minimum 2-year commitment to the role per client contract.
for this role is between $65,000 to $70,000 per year, depending on experience. You will be eligible for all of the great benefits offered to full-time OpenTent employees, including excellent no-premium healthcare, unlimited PTO, 401k matching after one year of service, team retreats, paid parental leave, continued professional development, and much more.