Hi, future teammate!
We are a dedicated group of data nerds inspired by the extraordinary things that can happen when people come together as a community.
We partner with organizations that see community building as a core part of their work. Alongside them we build customized (and beautiful) data tools and strategies to make their work easier and more impactful.
Technological change can be nerve-wracking and that’s why we prioritize the people, culture and long-term success of our community builders. We love to dive deep into new technologies and we surface the best to share with our people.
We tried to make the title as literal as possible. You will engineer solutions for our clients - both reactively and proactively.
- Build A+ features and fixes in Salesforce for our clients, delivered on time and with long-term viability in mind.
- Craft creative solutions to help clients increase their impact and efficiency.
- Respond to client support requests with grace and speed. For some clients on a support retainer contract, you will be their first point of contact when they need something. For others, you'll be tasked specific needs as they arise for other teammates.
- Train client staff on the Salesforce features you build, both in person and virtually.
- Collaborate with teammates to configure Salesforce to meet (and exceed) client needs.
- Integrate Salesforce with third-party tools, including email marketing tools, online forms, and payment processors.
- Fuel your professional development by constantly learning more about the software we use, the nonprofit field, and yourself on a personal level. We'll make sure you have the resources to advance on all three of those levels.
- 2+ years experience with administering Salesforce. This means you have spent significant time in the Setup menu of Salesforce, ideally on a daily basis.
- Being a Certified Admin is a big plus, but if you basically have those skills but just haven’t taken the test, we’d still love to see your application.
- 1+ years experience with nonprofits, either on a professional or volunteer level.
- Ability (and excitement) to travel occasionally to client offices or to meet with your teammates (whenever the travel gods smile on us again).
- Ability (and excitement) to work out of our office in Denver, OR remotely via frequent video conferencing.
What you bring
YOU’RE AN OPENTENT SOLUTIONS ENGINEER IF...
You confidently use the following words to describe your strengths: Problem-solving. Creativity. Technology. Databases. Relationship-building. Communication. Attention to detail. Time management. Organization.
- emerging or established Salesforce implementation expert.
- Excited when things you build create real happiness and deep connections. You believe technology is an important tool to drive intentional social change.
- Down to contribute your knowledge and experiences to make game-changing decisions about the growth of our organization and that of our clients.
- Continuously eager to learn and become a stronger problem solver with lots of self-teaching, team training and hands-on-experience.
YOU’LL KNOW YOU’RE CRUSHING IT WHEN…
- Clients ask if we can clone you so you can go work for them.
- Your teammates ask if they can clone you because you bring so much positivity and productivity to their workday.
- You’re waking up excited to get online, meet with your teammates or clients, and dream up new solutions.
- You talk regularly about what you’re learning and how you’re hoping to keep growing as a professional, and you actively support your teammates in their growth.
Compensation for a Solutions Engineer role at OpenTent begins at $80,000/year. Candidates with at least 3 years of Salesforce consulting experience may also be onboarded as Senior Solutions Engineers, with compensation starting at $95,000/year. Solutions Engineers are eligible for all of the great benefits offered to full-time OpenTent employees, including excellent no-premium healthcare, unlimited PTO, 401k matching after one year of service, team retreats, paid parental leave, continued professional development, and much more.